Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cades Cove

Recently, we enjoyed a nice weekend in the TN mountains, near a little town called Townsend. This place is near and dear to my heart, as I spent some time there every summer at leadership camp in high school. I think it's when I fell in love with the mountains....crickets chirping at night, clean crisp air, wooded forest paths, sitting around a crackling firepit singing songs in the evening....ah, memories.

Anyway, one day during camp we'd all pile into buses and drive the scenic Cades Cove, a beautiful 11-mile loop of pastoral landscape. There are refurbished original buildings there, too. someday I'd like to bike it (which apparently they reserve for Saturday mornings).

I enjoyed getting outside my comfort zone, and shooting something other than people. Interesting how differently I see the place now. It also has revealed my strange fascination with old buildings, fences and wood....

I"m getting caught up on a lot, so check back!




























2 comments:

Betty "CC" Gray said...

Nice! I have not had the opportunity to visit this area, but your photos make me REALLY want to go now. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love TN as well, my family is all from there and your images remind me of where we have family. Beautiful job.