Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Little baby did what?

Newborn sessions are sweet and precious, and sometimes they can afford us a good bit of laughter. Mom and dad said I could tell this story, so of course I will....

we were about halfway into the session, trying to get little S. to sleep. Dad was rocking, holding, swaying, shooshing, and luckily he was holding her with her head in towards his body and her, er, bottom end pointed away from him. Because suddenly, there was this ominous sound, and before we knew it, there is a fountain of baby poo shooting into the air from little Miss S. we all sort of looked around like "where is something we can use to catch it??...."

Then the fountain stopped. But just for a second. Then it started up again, a fabulous brown arc into the air onto their wood floor. At this point, mom is laughing too hard to even look for a towel, I just stared, and dad was afraid to move. When we all stopped laughing, we marveled that it missed dad's clothing, the carpet and my photography equipment! The little one has good aim, I"ll give her that.

Eventually we got cleaned up, calmed down, and proceeded to catch some sweet images....thanks again for the laughs, mom and dad!























2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great shots! But even greater STORY to go with them!! ROFL!! Those little ones never cease to surprise us, do they?????!!!! What a memory was made that day!!

brianne marie said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I remember the very same thing happening to me with my first child (although I wish I had thought it was funny at the time!). Great work! Beautiful photography! (And baby :))